The RequirementsTo be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- A bachelor's degree
- Three to five years of reporting analyst experience in business or consulting, preferably in an analytical marketing environment
- Experience with direct marketing analysis in information-dense, customer-facing industries; experience with direct mail is required, and experience with email, PPC, Web, sales, and / or social media is preferred
- Experience with subscription or membership marketing, ideally including retention
- Two to three years of experience performing list segmentation to support marketing and sales campaigns is a strong plus
- Multi-channel experience is preferred, ideally including familiarity with both offline and online analytics
- Advanced MS Excel skills, including writing queries Quick question for you - click here
- Familiarity with data analysis tools and techniques; experience with SQL is strongly preferred, and experience also with SAS, SPSS, etc. is a plus
- Strong skills in quantitative analysis and structured problem solving
- Experience developing and maintaining a marketing data warehouse would be helpful
- High-level skills in strategic problem solving, especially in situations of high ambiguity
- A demonstrated ability to develop and apply information-driven analytic and quantitative approaches to solving complex business issues in a practical manner -- with tangible results
- An active curiosity and genuine enjoyment of gathering and digging deeply into data to identify issues and solve problems
- A strong work ethic complemented by a positive, can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, speaking and writing, and experience developing communications and presenting to senior management
The RoleReporting to the Vice President of Marketing, you will conduct in-depth analysis of customers and marketing campaigns across various promotion channels, including direct mail, email, PPC, Web, sales, and social media, to assess the overall effectiveness of the campaigns, measure return on investment (ROI), and identify trends and opportunities. Quick question for you - click here
Initially you'll invest a good portion of your time in creating reports using Excel and SQL; in some cases the reports already exist, in some cases you'll need to adjust an existing report, and in some cases you'll create new reports. For the most part you'll support people in Marketing, but requests may come from anywhere in the organization. You also will perform customer / member segmentation to identify, validate and select audiences for inclusion in targeted marketing and sales campaigns. Additionally, you'll be responsible for managing the NNA database marketing capabilities and data quality initiatives.
More specifically, you will:
- Deliver information to key marketing stakeholders via operational / executive reporting and analytics that drive decision-making related to marketing performance, customer engagement, and product strategy
- Apply analytical rigor to complex business issues and translate insights into financially viable marketing initiatives; you'll size potential marketing and business opportunities, provide recommendations, and ensure actionable recommendations are delivered
- Provide analytics on marketing programs including campaigns, social media, traditional media, email, Web, and other initiatives, including gathering requirements, working with team members to develop analysis parameters, production of analyses, and presentation of results with conclusions and recommendations
- Calculate and report accurate costs and revenue projections across campaigns / tactics
- Set up and extract mailing lists for direct mail and set up email segmentations
- Work with Marketing to set up, test, troubleshoot, and analyze direct response campaigns; this will include ensuring that marketing activities are set up / tagged to track activity and responses, including offline and online channels
- Drive offline and online testing initiatives ensuring the test results are valid, tracked, and acted upon
- Partner with NNA Senior Management and Marketing to transform the NNA into a customer and analytics driven organization
- Generate daily, weekly, and monthly analytical packages and reports
- Support annual budget and goal setting processes and report goal vs. actual results on a timely basis
- Conduct other ad hoc analysis as requested
- Identify and deliver reporting and data requirements to IT
- Participate in data definition, data conversion, report definition and testing efforts in support of data projects
- Review data quality metrics, identify / resolve data quality issues and take corrective action on source systems / data, such as duplication, improper matching, etc.
Why the NNAHigh visibility impact -- we have only recently begun to update our infrastructure and you will help ensure we are employing up-to-date tools and best practices around analysis and report delivery. You'll provide input on our new systems as a member of a small, elite team made up of representatives from Operations, Distribution and Finance. Analytics will play an increasingly important role moving forward, and your contributions will be valued.
Professional development -- you will broaden your experience as you work with marketing covering all our products and services (seals, stamps and other supplies; training; insurance and bonding; and more) in all channels. As you interact regularly with our senior leaders, you'll gain insights into our business.
Positive, dynamic environment -- we are implementing change across our entire organization, laying the groundwork for significant growth. You'll find a supportive leadership team and a culture that is progressive and open to transformation. You also will find some old-fashioned values, like an unwavering commitment to the moral and ethical integrity that is fundamental to the Notary Public profession.
The nation's leader -- none of our competitors even come close to NNA's size, scope and influence. We offer services and products for every stage of a Notary's career, from obtaining an original commission to ongoing education, professional supplies, bonds and insurance, emerging technologies, and more.
Excellent compensation -- in addition to a competitive base salary and incentive program, we also provide a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(k) profit sharing plan; and generous paid time off.
Pictured: a key service we provide and market is training on a variety of topics for both independent and corporate Notaries.
Keys to SuccessYou'll need to demonstrate a customer-service orientation and collaborative approach to working with others, listening carefully to understand their goals and concerns, and delivering the information they need. In addition, in order to be an outstanding Marketing Reporting and Campaign Analyst, you will:
- Produce reports that cut to the chase and provide information that is practical, clear and action-oriented
- Bring an innate curiosity and take genuine satisfaction in diving deep to uncover trends, tipping points, issues and other insights
- Manage multiple projects and priorities effectively
- Employ strong follow up skills and keep stakeholders in the loop with regard to the progress of projects and activities
- Remain flexible as the organization continues to evolve